Novital covatutto 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peternaaman, Feb 23, 2015.

1. peternaaman

peternaaman Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2015
    inhave a 40 egg novital covatutto 20 incubator i am not getting good results its temperature is on about 37.9 c What is the problem i got 120 chicks of 40 eggs i filled the 2 red cups first 18 days and added another one for the last 3 days what shall i do

2. peternaaman

Jan 18, 2015
    Sry i Wanted To Say 20 i said 120

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I don't have experience of your incubator. Is it still or forced air? If forced I would lower your temperature a little to 37.5 celsius. Do you have a second thermometer just to check its correct? I would also get a hygrometer to measure humidity. Humidity plays a big factor in incubation and hatch rates. I like 45% day 1-18 and at least 65% for lockdown. We're all your eggs developed but didn't hatch or did you have any clear (unfertilised) eggs at candling? Did you monitor air sac growth during incubation?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  4. peternaaman

Jan 18, 2015
    No the eggs ae fertilized but the embryo died in a stage and the humidity is correct and it is forced air but i head that it has hot spots and cold spots

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Forced air incubators (fan) should not really have hot or cold spots that is usually still air incubators. The fan should spread the air evenly through the incubator. If all the eggs began development and then quit this could be a problem with the -
    Parent bird, age, health and feed.
    Egg quality
    Genetics
    Storage of eggs prior to incubation
    Turning of the eggs during incubation
    Here is a good article on eggs failure to hatch at differing stages and possible causes https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/egg-failure-to-hatch-diagnosing-incubation-problems

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by