Now Bridge is acting like she can’t poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by micstrachan, Sep 14, 2019.

1. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Jun 24, 2012
    Thanks. Maybe, but I noticed he has lots of lice, so maybe he has something going on. Oh, he's molting too.

Texas Kiki likes this.
  2. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Aw, poor guy.

Texas Kiki and casportpony like this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Jun 24, 2012
    How's Bridge doing?

Texas Kiki likes this.
  4. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Kathy, what are you going to do for him? Keep us posted.

Texas Kiki likes this.
  5. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Bridge is subdued, but they all are today, so it’s hard to tell. She was actually one of the few who was NOT panting today. I saw her eat wet feed and drink pedialyte on her own early in the day. Now that the temperature is dropping, the others are starting to perk up a bit. Bridge is sitting, but seems content. She is VERY red in the face. That’s how Margo was when she got sick super fast. I’m just trying to help them stay as cool and hydrated as possible. Bringing large metal feed bowls of water or electrolyte solution to them wherever they are.

Sequel, azygous and Texas Kiki like this.
  6. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Bridge is about the same, maybe slightly better this morning. Voice is still a little off, she doesn’t seem to be eating, and right now she’s just standing there. But when I first let them out, she came out willingly on her own, which is improvement from yesterday morning. She vocalized and pecked at my pajamas, like she usually does, which are also good signs. It’s possible she’s just heading into molt. You know I’ll keep you posted. ;)

Sequel, azygous and Texas Kiki like this.
  7. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Update: I think Bridge *might* just be heading into molt. She was preening near me and I saw a feather just fall out. She is a slow molter and there aren’t a bunch of feathers around yet, but fingers crossed. Overall today has been a little better than yesterday for her.

Sequel and Texas Kiki like this.
  8. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Here is Bridge chilling on the lounge chair beside me. She and the pullets think I got the chairs for them. :)
    She looks somewhat content, but is flattening her body like a broody a little, which is unusual for her. I’m glad she found a comfy place to relax.

Texas Kiki and Pickled Plaid like this.
  9. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

And in case anyone is wondering, her real name is Bridgette. But she has a bunch of nicknames... Bridgey, Bridgley, Bridgel... I mostly just call her Bridge.

Texas Kiki likes this.
  10. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

302E5EC5-5247-46C5-9FD0-505BB029305F.jpeg She moved over to my chair. I love this bird so much!

Texas Kiki likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: