Now Day 16 on Dipsy Eggs!!

ksacres

At Your Service
14 Years
Nov 16, 2007
San Antonio TX
I candled my seven eggs last night on day 10, 4 growing well and 3 blood rings. So, all were fertile and not bad so far for shipped eggs. Thanks Dipsy!

Last edited:
Hi Kelli! Not bad so far, but not good
sad.png

That seems like too many blood rings. I never looked up 'why' that happens, but here's what I found.

Blood rings:
Improper storage (Follow recommended egg storage and gathering recommendations.)
Improper incubation temperatures (Check thermometer accuracy and incubator functions. Follow recommended temperature settings.)
Improper breeder nutrition (Feed breeders a diet with balanced nutrient levels.)
Improper fumigation (Follow fumigation recommendations.)

I know they were fresh and stored well. I'm pretty sure it's not a nutritional issue. I don't know anything about fumigation.
I'm sure you have the bator temps right on your end.

It's possible they got cold during shipping (improper storage) and I guess shipping itself would be considered 'improper storage'
sad.png

I hope the next group grows better for you.
Merry Christmas!
Lisa

Quote:
I think they had a rough ride, the three that had blood rings had the yolk in the top of the egg when I candled them and fairly loose (but not completely) air cells, to be honest, I was surprised they developed at all. I don't fumigate, so that rules that out. That is the highest % of blood rings I have ever gotten, so I don't think it's my bator. Just the luck of the draw
smile.png
Happy to have four little Dipsy babies!

I candled again last night, day 16. Now down to three, but those three had definite movement. I will be happy if I hatch anything!! Fingers crossed for my first actual chicks from shipped eggs!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom