1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Now, everybody thinks I'm the "Crazy Chicken Girl"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickenWisperer, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my title!

Now, at my high school, people come to me for all the chicken-talk and advice. But what I dont get, is the CRAZY rumors that people have been spreading? Things like ALL my chooks sleep in my house; that they sleep in my bed; and a bunch of other crazy and completely untrue things. Doesnt bother me, they are the ignorant kids who obviously are very jealous of my chooks [​IMG]

I was just wondering if anybody else has been labled with something of the like? Good or bad [​IMG]

2. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    oh soooooooo much! everyone makes fun of me. when u r in the city it is extremely wierd to have chickens! i dont mind though. they are the stupid ones. im even called the chicken f***** yeah i know. kids r so mean. but hey we cant change that [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  3. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Wow, thats bad! True. I've accepted that just about everyone around this place is stupid, and I can't fix stupid! [​IMG]

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    The feed stores in my area know me as "The Chicken Guy". I like it. [​IMG]

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

hehehe. Yep, my DH and my parents call me the "crazy chicken lady"! I love it. [​IMG]

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:You mean they don't sleep in your house, in your bed? How did that happen? [​IMG]

I'd just laugh and tell them something crazier, like you share pajamas.

Imp

7. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was in elementary school my nickname was Chicken Lady... All because I considered chickens to be pets, just like our dog and cats! The nickname would occasionally come back to haunt me, even in high school, when I'd learned to keep my mouth SHUT about chickens.

...absolutely no one asked me for chicken advice, so I'd count yourself lucky. [​IMG]

8. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Hehe, I think i just might, Imp!

Gosh hennypenny - all the way back in elementary? Geez. I do, but the only thing that really gets under my skin is how they taunt me about chicken fighting, since its legal here in KY. *shakes head.

9. ILoveJoe

ILoveJoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    I'm called the Chicken Lady at work. No biggie, just ask me about my chickens, or don't...I'll tell you anyway. [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I'm sorry to go off topic here, but cockfighting is not legal in Kentucky!! Who told you that?? If you do a google search on the web, with the search words 'cockfighting in KY?' you will see many, many instances of illegal cockfighting operations being raided in KY over the last few years. Unfortunately, it is only a misdemeanor, but it is not legal by any means. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by