1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Now hatching..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Charli Jo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Charli Jo

Charli Jo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    raleigh
    I'm just getting started again after moving but focused on socializing with area chicken enthusiasts , host potlucks
    Edited by staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Great to have you here! [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! What breed of chickens do you raise?

If you'd like to chat with other members closer to you, you can find them by typing your state name in the search box.

4. Charli Jo

Charli Jo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    raleigh
    I'm in transition. I have friend with 102 chickens! So I'm discovering breeds I may like best. I realize I like to have variety but in general definately like
    very friendly ones. So I'm going to try to get some of his Old Engl game bantams which he has done much genetic friendly selection for over many generations, try some Seramas but my core will be the Crested Cream Legbars and a few Lavender orpingtons. I'll have a maybe also a tuffed EE/Ameraucana. So the flock will be mish mash and the rooster will be likely a legbar and maybe also a tiny Old Eng game

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sounds like a great flock!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by