Now have 7 Roo's FREE Wyoming

ksacres

At Your Service
14 Years
Nov 16, 2007
San Antonio TX
Two more chicks have announced to the world they are males! These cannot stay. I have no outlet for these males at all, and I can't stand the thought of killing them for the sake of killing them.

5 OEGB roo's-March hatch
2 Mutt EE roo's about 5-6 weeks old

Please! There are no auction houses to take them to, can't give them away on Craigslist, or in the free ad paper- nobody wants them!! I just don't have the heart to kill them, but I can't keep them.

blue.jpg

This is a pic of one of the blue roosters.

Wyoming is a great place to visit, crappy place to live... All that space and nothing you can do with it. He's FREE!! Come on, ya know ya need him.

The only month it has never snowed in Wyoming is July, if that gives you an idea. The wind is TERRIBLE, I'm from Indiana and I had never seen a semi knocked clean on its side before I came here. If you want to live on any sort of acreage, you have to live way out in the boonies... The land itself is very dry and doesn't support any real vegetation other than prairie grass which is more of a weed anyway, unless you are rich and can irrigate. And winter snowstorms combined with the wind make huge drifts and can cut off some people for days. That being said, many parts of Wyoming are beautiful and there IS still land available, which is more than can be said for many places nowadays. Ok, here's my soapbox, I don't need it anymore... LOL

Are you sure??? Shipping can't be that much for 1 tiny little roo...

OH.wow.....I hadn't realized..........sorry that you are living in a place you do not like....I am a transplanted Okie from Los Angeles.......it is nice enough here. I just want to be in the mountains far far away from ANYONE...... I also like the openess in your pic,but yea....like here.....not to much fun with the wind.....
I have to build another section to my coop to be able to add another rooster and that wont happen until spring.........thank you anyway
big_smile.png

How far away is town?neighbors? so no gardening for you....that would kill me.... lived there all your life?
OOPS just saw where yousaid you are from Indiana , what took you to WY?

Last edited:
Nope, I've lived here 2 years and change. The DH is military. We are both from small town (Kendallville) Indiana. I don't hate Wyoming, but it's not what I'm used to. We have neighbors, ya just can't really see them in the pics. LOL It takes about 20-25 minutes to get into town. I guess not that bad for us. On snowy days like today, takes about an hour.

I have had no luck trying to give these guys to anyone! I'm sure I will still have them in the spring
hmm.png

I don't have the heart to kill a healthy animal. I just wished we had an auction close by to take him to...

Last edited:
Oh ok, I wish I had a coop ready I would be tempted , as is I am adding 3 buff orp hens tomorrow and really cant separate them like I need to now.will have to do some temp makeshift separater inside the run ,suddening really cold here now and expecting our first ice sunday........ICE seems to be what we get most of...........I like snow better.... good luck with placing them...........do you have a craigslist.com you can log onto them and maybe someone at least a bit closer will come get them? Its really easy and free way to sell and give away things.

Back
Top Bottom