1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Now Have Better Pics - Any ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JackieK318, Jul 22, 2007.

1. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    Here are my two bantams (6-7 weeks) with better pics!

Brown: feathered feet and little to no comb (said to be mille fleur d'Uccle from previous posts)
    White: has a 'hot pink' comb, still small (said to be black tailed Japanese from previous posts)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thoughts? Thanks!

2. snaringamerica

snaringamerica New Egg

Jul 16, 2007
    Reynoldsville, PA
    the first one is definitely a mille fleur d'uccle. I am not sure on the white one.

3. snaringamerica

snaringamerica New Egg

Jul 16, 2007
    Reynoldsville, PA
    I would also say they are both girls too.

4. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I agree- both girls, the brown one is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle, and not sure on the white one.

5. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    White one looks to be a Delaware.

Rufus

6. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    are there batam delewares? I had no idea! I think it looks more like a BTW Jap to me and it looks like a boy no 6 week pullet's comb should be that pink.

7. JacobsRewardFarm

JacobsRewardFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2007
    Parker, TX
    For comparison, I just got pictures of my 3.5 week old Delawares.... a hen, a roo, and a shot of several of them together. It's so funny, I have 25 of them. When they started to outgrow the stock tank I have them in, I built another brooder about the same size. I divided them up into two groups based on which ones were light and which ones had more black on them. Well, I'm guessing that in BOTH brooders, I have about 75% roosters! Here they are as of today:

Rooster:
    [​IMG]
    Hen:
    [​IMG]
    Several together:
    [​IMG]

Since they are going to the freezer in about 9 weeks, I haven't named them. I'm trying not to bond with them, but they're sure getting cute...

Cindy T.
    Parker, TX

8. CutestChickenFarmer

CutestChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Delaware
    Hi, Jackie! Do a search on Sebrights. Your white one looks like one. Good luck!

Susan

9. JacobsRewardFarm

JacobsRewardFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2007
    Parker, TX
    Ooohhh, Sebrights are beautiful--fancy-schmancy! But it looks like they have rose combs and slate legs...

Jackie - what color are your chick's legs, and what does the comb look like?

10. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Here is a picture of my delaware's

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by