Now he's gone and dun it! HI HO SILVER AWAY!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peaguy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    My Wonderful 4 month old Dominiker Roo Silver has begun this past week to grace us with a very scary Warbling attempt at a crow! We don't mind at all! It's about time! [​IMG] but honestly it is still kinda shakey at BEST and we have a hard time trying to keep from laughing at his efforts but it is still a sweet sound around here! [​IMG]. We are really hoping that this might be a precursor to the DOMinatrix Society ( his 6 Dom hens) to begin to get the signal that it's time to start with the eggs already!!!!(We know it will prolly be a while yet even but still.....Sheesh! [​IMG])
    Here is a pic of him from last week Lousy I know (it was a camera phone pic, but the best, most recent I have)
    [​IMG]
    He is still the sweetest guy and is so gentle to handle and care for and such a good flock leader! He loves to be the one to find the stash of BO Sunflowers seeds that I have been hiding for them and is always sure to let his girls know where they are He will fluff his feathers and strut in a circle until they have all come over to have a look at "his" little surprise he is offering them. Always watching out for his girls! He's still not sure about the younger set yet (my remaining mixed asst. that are now 14 weeks! He is especially not sure what to make of the 5 Turkens! I have decided though that the Turkens are incredibly hardy and wonderful! Ugly as sin but wonderfully sweet and fun! I love to show my co-workers my dinosaur chicken pics They think I'm nuts for liking them. [​IMG] but that's alright we all know I'm nuts![​IMG]

2. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I couldn't help but laugh when my roosters started to crow. I would mimic them. It was a riot.

3. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    LOL! There is no mimicking Silver! I would have to be a trained Yodeler with a very severe case of Laryngitis in order to even begin to come close! It truly is SAD SAD SAD but very sweet to finally hear! Dagnabbit Nifty where is the Smiley with his hands over his ears when you need it? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by