Now i'm confused about the breed/sex, HELP PLEASE? Pics (again)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Jan 22, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Sorry, it seems that last post i tried didn't work for some reason... i'll repost...

After further inspecting my new ducklings, I'm confused about the correctness of the breed/sex. I ordered 10 ducklings over all- (the one's with*'s are the one's i am confused about and will talk about)

5 hachtery choice
    (which are a magpie, two cayugas, a blue swedish, and a pekin)
    1 female snowy mallard
    *1 female crested swedish
    *1 female caygua
    *1 female swedish
    1 female magpie

Here's the female swedish- she's appears to be the black color swedish, all black with a white bib. The bottom half of her bill is pink. the green mark is the dye the hatchery uses to identify them...
    [​IMG]

Here's the female cayuga, who has a really white bib, and pink bottom half of bill. It looks exactly like the swedish...
    [​IMG]

I did get two cayguas (well, they look obviously cayuga to me). The one that's supposed to be a cayuga doesn't look like this one:
    [​IMG]

Now my female crested swedish is questionable too... I was under the impression that female swedish ducks have all black feet/bills and males have orange in their feet/bills.... Here's the crested with another swedish i got (of unknown sex)... they both have the orange markings-
    [​IMG]
    Here's another pic of her orange fett/bill-
    [​IMG]

Any ideas?

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

my black swedish lady duck had orange on her nose too.. it went away as she got older... her feet looked about the same as the ones in the pic, and they are now almost completely black, little slivers of lighter color between toes...

3. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    thank you! that makes me feel better about that duckie... We really only were going to keep one out of this group and give the rest away to a couple of friends from BYC, but we're contemplating keeping one of the extras! My fiance is currently in love with the pekin and that little crested swedish... but we only have girl ducks and would like to keep it that way, lol...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by