Now Im even more confussed...ee gender help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mom wewantchicks!, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    Well after pouring over the other pictures Im just even more confussed lol. These guys are about 8 weeks old any help would be great
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They all look so similiar and its hard to get them to stand still for a picture

2. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    I think I see a couple of boys in there, but it's so hard to tell not being able to see their feather colors properly. [​IMG] Maybe someone that has a bit more experience can tell from those pictures, but I think if you take some good pictures of them from the side so we can see their feathering better you would get more accurate responses. [​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if you can catch them...take a look at the feathers around their necks if they are slinder long and pointed then you have a roo if they are fat and rounded like normal feathers on a hen then its a hen...heres some pics to help

roo is in frount notice the feathers around his neck are slinder long and pointed
    [​IMG]

heres my bantam roo he is about 4-6 months closer to 5 but you can see that he has his long slinder feathers around his neck
    [​IMG]

heres my pullet notice how all her feathers look the same from her neck on
    [​IMG]

heres anouther pic of a light brahma hen notice how her neck feathers are fater than on the roos, color patteren prevents you from seen that they are rounded
    [​IMG]

4. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Quote:This is true, but the OPs chicks are not nearly old enough to have started developing hackle and saddle feathers yet. [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I see 3 boys.

Take a look at your chicks, you'll notice 3 of them are black and white splotchy all over but with some reddish brown coming in on the wings - Those are your boys.

The white ones with reddish brown on the breast and head are definite girls.

6. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    I can catch them its getting them to hold still,they think they are my babies. I will have to get some better pics in a bit with a helper

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by