Now isn't this the cutest face you ever saw?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cthrash1, Jan 6, 2010.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Meet Peanut, he was our Christmas present from our friends... Peanut is a Teddy Bear puppy...
    He loves it when you talk to him and turns his head side to side as he listens(8wks old)
    [​IMG]
    Playing with his sock toy, so far his favorite(8wks old)
    [​IMG]
    He is 6 wks old here the day we got hm... He fell asleep in sons arm
    [​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    he is DARLING!

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

What a sweetheart!!! I love that face and the sleeping pose!!! You are gonna have so much fun with this little guy!!!

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    He is precious! By teddy bear do you mean he is mixed? If so with what? That face is beyond cute!!!! I would LOVE a fuzzy lil puppy, but we cant make the 8 hour ride to get one that I wanted from here! Dang it!!!

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Omg

I Want One!~!!!!!!!!!!

6. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    MomtoSyd&Emma :

He is precious! By teddy bear do you mean he is mixed? If so with what? That face is beyond cute!!!! I would LOVE a fuzzy lil puppy, but we cant make the 8 hour ride to get one that I wanted from here! Dang it!!!

Yes a Teddy Bear is a mix between a Bichon Frise and a Shih tzu...And he is as soft as chenille. He is a true Teddy, his parents are from one of the original breeders franchises. As it explains on the site of the original person that came up with these pups and called them Teddies, there are many folks out there breeding other mixes and calling them teddies just because they are cute, and selling them for lots of money. They are supposed to be basically nonshedding... But as I was told there is no true hypoallergenic dogs, as there is still some dander even if they don't shed. But it is better than nothing for someone with allergies. Here is the link to the site that tells about the history of the original breeders of this designer breed dog... http://teddybearpuppy.com/​

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  7. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    oo so cute love it when they turn there heads this way and that as you talk to them. Im Guessing thats a Maltese mix pup maybe a maltpoo

8. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Nope no Maltese in this little dude Bichon Frise/Shih tzu aka Teddy Bear... I believe that is all they told us was in this breed.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Pretty little thing. [​IMG]

10. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Quote:A mutt! He's adorable! I bet he's incredibly soft.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by