Now I've done it! :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

So I purchased a pair of Sussex from Greenfire Farms a while back. Expecting shipment this fall. I paid and waited. And waited. Finally, I e-mailed Paul last week and he responded that he was going to ship the birds last week. No birds. No more e-mails. All the while, I’m thinking of ways to break it to my hubby that I have another pair of birds coming and wondering if it would be best to just slip them into the coop without him noticing. LOL

Today, I e-mailed Paul again and pestered him about my birds—I told him that it was very cold here and wondered if it was getting to be too late in the season to ship?

His response was that he was sorry for the delay and that they are shipping out tomorrow. Oh and that he was including FOUR BIRDS in the box! [​IMG] I don't know if they are just extra roosters or TWO pairs or WHAT...but [​IMG] now--what...LOL My hubby is going to LOSE it over another pair...and now FOUR more birds?

Anyone want some FREE roosters (like NOW) so I have a place to keep FOUR more birds???

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My wife is giving me a bad time about getting a blue wheaten roo. Join the club... she thinks I've gone insane.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

LOL ONE roo? LOL

Try hatching hundreds per season and since I HATE the thought of EATING any (I mean who wants to kill & pluck a sweet cochin?) hanging onto them until good homes are found! LOL I told my hubby the other night that I won't be hatching much anymore--since it's too hard to find homes for my ''extras." I think from now on, I'll be saving up & buying started, sexed birds or pairs. [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Got another e-mail...apparently, he's sending TWO pairs...anyone want a Light Sussex roo? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by