When would be a good time to purchase a new Roo? I *think* that all the hatches we have have hatched...there are still 6 eggs in the nest, I'm giving them 'til next Friday to hatch (WAY longer than they should)...JUST in case. However, our hatch turned up nothing but hens, which is GREAT...and we're going to go ahead and keep the girls we decided rather than sell or give away...we want another Roo for flock protection like Billy provided last week. I saw a RIR at the feed store...already Billy's size. Even looked like Billy in the face...however, when I would run my finger in front of him, he'd "challenge" me...and stare the finger out...and then peck, hard at it, so I figure he'd be too aggressive and possibly flog, so we opted to not get him and pen him seperately, as was our plan until we found out how quickly an older roo could be put in with the ladies and chicks. Thanks.