Now thats a Bad EGG.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by john in wa, May 18, 2009.

1. john in wa

john in wa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    so i bought some turkey eggs to hatch. today day 7 i could smell some thing funny. one egg had some goo on it so i picked it up and gave it a wiff. i jerked my head back and knew right away it was bad. so i get the bright idea to crack this egg and see when it went bad. I take the egg to the kitchen sink tap it on the bottom of the sink to crack the shell shell OMG what a stinch i grab egg make a run for the door tryig to keep my breakfast down and toss bad egg as far as i can. i try to walk back to the house but the slight breeze is blowing the stinch back at me by this time i am bent over in the yard spitting out the rest of my coffee and breakfast. i have cracked many bad chicken eggs to see what went wrong or when it went bad but i have never ever smelt any thing like a bad turkey egg. i will never crack another turkey egg in my life.

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] Thanks for the heads up! [​IMG]

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Essh.
    Poor some bleach down that drain!!! lol

4. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Mmmmm........what gave you the idea that cracking a bad egg inside the house would be a good idea? [​IMG]

As kids we would use those particular eggs to pelt the house of anyone didn't like, lol. Thankfully I've 'grown up' now and would only dream of doing such a thing [​IMG]

5. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

I did that last week with an egyptian fayoumis---it was an oozer so I just thought I had to see. I won't try it again. [​IMG]

6. john in wa

john in wa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    well i have cracked a lot of bad chicken eggs and never had a stich like that. i like to see what went wrong. i also thought well its only been in the bator for 7 days it cant be that bad right. ha live and learn.

7. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA [​IMG]

oh im laughing because i did this, but THANK GOD i was already outside!

sorry you had to experience this, guess i shoulda posted about my incident when it happened, may have saved you

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I toss them out in the desert then go check on them in an hour.. in the house?? Not even!!

9. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Sorry to hear that you lost your coffee. lol That egg must of been gross!

My first bad egg I cracked in the house, wasn't as bad as yours but the smell was enough to teach me to never do that again. Just a few minutes ago I had a bad egg and I took it out to the fire pit, cracked it open took a quick look and threw it in the fire to fry.

10. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    I had a cracked, rotten turkey egg that I finished opening ... just a little hole. I was outside, and kept it far from my face. This particular egg was not as stinky as I expected it to be, but when I tipped it over the fluid started running from the egg ... followed by nasty GREEN slime [​IMG] I am glad it did not smell worse. Do not get me wrong, it was NASTY ... just not as bad as some [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by