Now that's a good neighbor

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Athenzchick, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Athenzchick

Athenzchick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Athens Ohio
    I stopped over at my neighbor's the other day to give him a heads up that I had ended up with a rooster in my bunch of pullets and to make sure he knew to let me know if my roo was being too loud. Anyway we got to chatting and he mentions that he had trapped 7 raccoons and relocated them for me in the past few weeks. WOW! I knew the were around as I had seen one a little while ago in my apple tree but I couldn't get a good shot at him and he evaded MY traps. My neighbor is gettin him some EGGS!

2. kittykittykitty

kittykittykitty Luvin My Chickies

Jul 5, 2011
    an egg
    Awesomeness!

I wish my neighbor was like that. I have a lot of raccoons in my neighborhood. He has dogs that chase the raccoons down the street LOL.

BTW [​IMG]

3. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    That's an awesome neighbor you're lucky.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Good of him to do that.I would take him some eggs as well.

5. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    To toss this in amongst the bad neighbors stories was really a refreshing change! Thanks for the smile and taste of faith in my fellow man [​IMG]

Believe it or not that is how it was everywhere once, give that man some eggs like you said!

6. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Guess he won't mind the rooster in the bunch. What a great guy. You don't find many like that around any more.

7. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Quote:in a cake!

8. suburbanchickymama

suburbanchickymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Apex, NC
    Quote:in a cake!

x2! That is awesome! Ahhhh, I love a nice happy story! [​IMG]

9. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    What a great story! I'm lucky to have a neighbor like that - we were having a rat problem and he set traps along our shared fence line. He got something like 15 rats - and I didn't have to deal with the carcasses. Plus, he and his wife actually like to hear roosters crowing.
    It's true - with all the bad neighbor stories, it's great to hear good ones. Thanks for sharing!

10. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Good for you. That's what neighbors are supposed to do. Sounds like you're in a good neighborhod. All mine are so far away from me they can't hear my rooster anyway.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by