Now this is how a hatch is SUPPOSED to go!

williamsl77

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Northeast
After having two less than stellar hatches, I have corrected one issue (temperature too low). That combined with today's hatch being from eggs that did not have to be shipped and we are having a great hatch (so far!). Seven hatched completely and at least four more pipped and several more rocking. Wahoo! It's going to be a SHORT night of sleep around here. AND I am SOOO excited because these are some top notch silkie babies. I'm trying NOT to pee my pants with excitement!

Your last line made me laugh out loud.
gig.gif
We had a hard time sleeping Friday night because of all the chirping. Of course, we want to see pics.

So cute!!!!!!

How long did they take to hatch? My chicks love to torture me with an excruciatingly long time from pip to hatch.

My first pip happened 15 hours ago and still no hatch. They always do this to me.
barnie.gif

Well, there are ten hatched now. Out of 32. There are 4 more with various degrees of pipping. I think one is starting to zip. I HAVE to get some sleep before tomorrow (have to work). So we'll see where they are in a few hours. 8)

Sphinx, hope you're getting some zips soon! These guys all hatched pretty quickly. Pip to zip for most was maybe 10 hours for most of them? There are a lot of eggs left that aren't doing anything yet. I had my temps too low for the first week before I corrected it. So I hope the others still hatch....

Update: 15 hatched perfectly. Four more pipped. One pipped for about 24 hours. Have to go to work!!! Moved ten into brooder then five more hatched. I'm thrilled. More pics to follow.

Back
Top Bottom