Now "this" is what I call free ranging!

Eggsoteric

Songster
9 Years
Nov 25, 2010
Maryland
Otaika Valley Free Range in NZ:

That's a whole lotta chickens! Looks like a scene out of Jurassic Park!

Last edited:
Ya gotta wonder tho.......
not much shade available, that water tank looks like a drowning pool.
....and do you really think they go all the way back to the 'coop' to lay-HTH do they gather the eggs?

After looking at the great exodus onto the barren ground, I had to move forward to the end of the clip to see if there was any greenery to be had anywhere. Totally disappointing. If that's free range, and by the letter of the law, it is... how very sad. Any bugs to be had? I highly doubt it. That ground is way too highly stocked to do any good to the soil, plant life, or the chickens. Just my opinion.

After looking at the great exodus onto the barren ground, I had to move forward to the end of the clip to see if there was any greenery to be had anywhere. Totally disappointing. If that's free range, and by the letter of the law, it is... how very sad. Any bugs to be had? I highly doubt it. That ground is way too highly stocked to do any good to the soil, plant life, or the chickens. Just my opinion.
Exactly!

It's a lot better than battery cages. I do wonder where they all lay their eggs. Can't imagine they all go back in the barn to lay.

Back
Top Bottom