Now up to 10 ring neck pheasant eggs!!

Harley's girl

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Ohio (way out in the country)
I have 10 ring neck pheasant eggs! Just laid! The parents are considered blue backs!
I am not too sure on how much to ask? Maybe $12.00 for all 10 of them (the eggs of course)? Plus shipping.
l_294b8d5a4c2896f790d9be9b77f116da.jpg

l_0c84b7a735321c31654a122497f52087.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Hello,

I might be interested in these for my husband, as he has developed a keen interest in keeping pheasants as pets. I'm a few steps behind on my research, though, and haven't had an opportunity to figure out what we'd need to build pen wise to accomodate them. Can you tell me a little bit about this particular breed of pheasants? Assuming I get them to hatch, what will they need space wise to be happy & thrive. We live on 20 acres, most of it unfenced. Our chickens free range around our house, which is fenced, while the roos are confined to a separate pen in a 2 acre fenced pasture. Would the pheasants remain in the fenced pasture, or would they fly away?

Thank you for your help!

Laura

Quote:
Hello Laura,
They will fly! We have ours in a 4ft wide x 8ft long x 5ft tall cages. We have 1 Cock bird to 2 hens. As babies they are easy to take care of, just as you would a chick. But as soon as they start getting feathers they will need to be confined.

They would probably stay in a 10ft tall fence IF you clipped their wings. I wouldn't try it though. I am just fine with keeping them in a cage. And as far as feeding we feed them the same laying pellets that we feed our chickens. They all have different personalities, some are very laid back while others are VERY flighty. They are beautiful to look at and fun to watch. Hope this helps.
big_smile.png

Thank you for answering my questions, Harley's girl! I'm going to talk to my husband about it when he gets home tonight. You have beautiful birds! It's funny how, despite having almost limitless space, having all the pets we want isn't so easy. I'd also like to get some goats, but I know that we're not set up with fencing, etc., to properly provide for them. One step at a time, I guess.

Anyway, I'll check later. No hard feelings at all, of course, if someone else beats me to these.

Laura

These are very beautiful birds! I could ship today!!!!! I now have 8 eggs. I could sell them in sets of 2, 4, or all of them!! If I have no takers they will be in my incubator by Friday!!
l_03b23c0f7d6e413cdc2508bb737a33ec.jpg

l_bf163ac4b5be5a68a4608e6e5e9fde4f.jpg

l_4db72c40420121963dfb989e3f854bd4.jpg

l_52d61a0ce2d5caa9d6dec91d88eefd8d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom