1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Now what do you think they are?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cbrown86, Mar 30, 2011.

1. cbrown86

cbrown86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]
    Chip
    [​IMG]
    Hi there.
    [​IMG]
    Dip again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Your yellow and black duckling looks just like mine did. They are Ancona Ducks. The Magpies also have similar markings. Check out my page(2) to see some pictures of my ducks. Hope this helps.

3. cbrown86

cbrown86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    Thanks. That's what I'm leaning towards. I don't really care what it is. lol Just curious. There was a debate the other day about whether it is ancona or muscovy. I was asked to post better pics of it. So this is them. [​IMG]

4. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Whatever they are, they are ADORABLE!!!!! Love those duckies![​IMG]

5. Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr.

Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr. Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Ozarks
    They DO look like Ancona.... HOWEVER.... From what I have seen, Ancona tend to have white underbelly and more broken up spotting. I honestly think they look like Ancona alot, but may very well be Ancona-Black Swedish cross!!! That would explain the bib of white on the breast, the black belly, and it would also explain the white tips on the end of the immature wings. It would also explain the spotting on the bill and feet. The second pic looks like a crested khaki Campbell.

I love ur birds. Can I have them???? lol. But no, really, can I?

6. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like chips and dip to me.. [​IMG]

7. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't be discouraged! My Ancona ducks acquired more spotting on there breasts when they started getting there feathers in. They also have white tips on their wings. My ducks are considered tri-colored (in the light you can see the teal coloration on their heads and wings) When I got my ducks, I thought they had goofed and sent me Magpies! When searching for Ancona's on the internet you come across more pictures where the Ancona's are mostly white with darker spots. Dig a little deeper on forums and even hatcheries that sell them and their coloration is more like the Magpies. But regardless of breed, they will be gorgeous and a delight to have around. Happy Quacking!!!!

8. NajmoNests

NajmoNests Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    E. Central, MN
    All things Small are Great! Gorgeous new kids. [​IMG]

9. Smiles-N-Sunshine

Smiles-N-Sunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2008
    Palominas, Arizona
    Here's one of our female Khaki Campbells for comparison, minus the poof-ball [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm hungry for tortilla chips and bean dip! And I want to go home to my ducks!!!

Bryan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by