1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Now what should i do?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rooster brandon., Mar 26, 2011.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    My neighbor has a game rooster and 2 hens completely free ranged my free range flock rooster almost got killed from him what should i do i could buy him and pen him up but what do i do with my free range chickens i couldent even buy him until monday oh good news i have 2 determined broody hens with about 10 eggs under them each!Well this is the wild game rooster his spurs are 3 inches long!
    [​IMG]

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Is there any way to put up a fence to keep the chickens apart. If he is wild I am not sure what you could do. I hope you can figure out some way to fix this problem good luck

3. chickenfarmer17

chickenfarmer17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Preston County WV
    if your neighbor dont care set up a cage and catch the wild roo

4. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    It is easy to catch him and 1 hen but it just fills wrong i guess im gonna go talk to the neighbor wish me luck.

5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Well his wife was home but he wasent the wild game rooster has killed a ameracana 3 year rooster and wounded a black jersey giant!The wife said we could defentiely work something out i bet the guy might say he dont wont to have to fool with putting him up you can have him i hope so my chickens keep making a sad crying is funny but really sad!Oh and he is not wild he got him for free and just let him go he doesent feed him anything!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by