Now, you can truly say, "AW!"

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Mar 9, 2012.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    I love my little Roborovskii dwarf hamsters... the best boys in the world! (Both rescued from a animal shelter!)

Squeak
    [​IMG]
    Pip
    [​IMG]

2. Roosterlover5

Roosterlover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    My gosh your hamsters are so cute!! [​IMG]

3. I used to have one of those!! her name was cupcake, then i had a daisy, then i had a donut, then i had a ( donut) JR ( all at once)

4. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Thats great! Wow, you had alot! These guys certainly have enough room for 5 more hammies... they have a 10 gallon aquarium attached with tunnels to a deluxe crittertrail! Spoiled things! What did you house your hamsters in?

5. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I have one now! Not sure on breed. Was really tiny when I got him and thought he was a dawrf female but its a boy and huge! lol. Also has a hole in his ear for some reason that was not there when I got him.

Love seeing pictures of your hamsters!

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Hamsters can be bought at animal shelters? I never heard of that :) I knew bunnies, but hamsters, no. How long do they live?

7. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Can I see a picture of him? He sounds so cute!

Yup, my local animal shelter gets hamsters in alot. Not to mention bunnies, ferrets, mice and rats. If only they rescued chickens... [​IMG]
    This breed lives to be 3 - 3 1/2, they are the smallest hamster in the world and yet they live the longest out of all the other breeds.

8. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I will post one tonight. I dont have any on my phone and stuck at work right now lol.

9. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    **Squeal!** I wuv the widdle guys!! Such cute widdle eyes!! [​IMG]

10. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Yep, you can find all sorts of animals in most animal shelters. My local humane society has hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, mice, rats, and occasionally ferrets and birds. I adopted my last hamster from the humane society. He escaped once and was gone for a day before we found him. The second time we never did find him, and that's when I decided that we have too many predators in this house for hamsters (my hamster as a child would occasionally escape from her cage and go raid the kitchen...did it once when a neighbor was watching her while we were gone on a 3 day weekend and the neighbor felt really awful). Unfortunately, hamsters don't live very long, only about 2 years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by