NPIP certification in Alabama...

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by HuffleClaw, Apr 28, 2019.

1. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Addicted To Birds

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
    Hi! :frow
    I’m looking into becoming NPIP, but really more for selling and shipping duck eggs. Maybe silkie chicken eggs as well. I’m aware with NPIP the whole flock has to be tested.... So, the link below says all adult birds must be tested. What about young Poultry?
    http://www.agi.alabama.gov/docs/def...rovement-plan-(npip)BF1DBFCB10DD.pdf?sfvrsn=0

If anyone is willing to educate me on the process it’d be very much appreciated! :D

Btw, I have chickens, quail, ducks, and guineas- how will they manage to catch the guineas?? They won’t go into a coop no matter how hard I try, so basically they’d spend hours chasing them around 12+ Acres all day.

Thanks in advance,
    ~ Kayla

2. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Loves Hatching

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    Here in LA they told me they didnt need to test my quail til theyd been over 3 months so even tho that was 2/3s of my numbers and only left 11 chickens thats what they wanted to do. In the case of the chickens theyd need to be 4 months.

On the guineas i have no idea im sorry.

HuffleClaw and FluffTheDuck like this.
  3. HuffleClaw

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
    Thank you for your response! :) I too am not sure about the guineas. :hmm

mixedUPturk likes this.
  4. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Loves Hatching

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    Your very welcome. Theres no way theyll even go in a coop to Eat where u could trap em real quick like? Could u alter your routine to force them to go inside to eat or theyll jus skip the feed?

HuffleClaw likes this.
  5. HuffleClaw

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
    They separate into groups of 4 and 4 so they’re rarely all in the same place. But I will keep trying. :)

mixedUPturk likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: