1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NPIP Hatchery that will sell only six chicks?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Hounddog777, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Hounddog777

Hounddog777 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2015
    NE Tennessee
    Would anyone know of a hatchery that is willing to sell smaller amounts of chicks at a time, like only 6 chicks! Trying to find Rhode Island Reds, Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Easter Eggers. My wife and I are newbies and just bought a coop. We figured just start with 6. Thank you.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. CedarCrestFarm

CedarCrestFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2014
    Kirtland Hills, Ohio
    Meyer Hatchery

3. Hounddog777

Feb 25, 2015
    NE Tennessee
    Thank you very much. I will check them out.

4. Honey B

Honey B Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2015
    Georgia
    I would also do a google search for local breeders or post on your state's thread. You might find some birds, meet some new friends, and obtain some hands on guidance in regards to chicken keeping.

5. WashingtonWino

WashingtonWino Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2015
    Check out Chickensforbackyards.com, I highly suggest them, I got six chicks delivered beginning of Feb.

The breeds that you are looking for are not terribly hard to find, do you have a feed store in your area? Most stores will have a chick list by now, with the breeds that are coming in and the dates.

Good luck chicken shopping!

6. Hounddog777

Feb 25, 2015
    NE Tennessee
    Thank you for the tip, plus I see I can have them vaccinated as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by