NPIP NY-silkies and showgirls

FishMtFarm

Emu whisperer
Jan 2, 2017
Lake Pleasant, NY
IMG_0680.JPG
We have started hatching Silkie chickens and showgirls in all sorts of colors. We will be hatching almost weekly so please feel free to contact me on what's available or what you are looking for. We are NPIP 21-1555 and can ship. Chicks are $15 each with a minimum purchase of 6.

IMG_6218.JPG
IMG_7211.JPG
IMG_6487.JPG
IMG_7300.JPG
IMG_7445.JPG

I bought two show girls earlier this year. They have the naked neck, one is splash, and the other blue. They have they grey skin of a silkie and 5 toes however, they seem to have normal feathering. Do I need to cross them back to a silkie to get the silkie type feathering?

These chicks were supposed to be from a show girl to show girl hatch. I'm doubting that now, and I didn't see potential parents. So if I breed these back to a silkie basically I have a 50/50 chance of the type of feathering they will have?

day 5.PNG

I have a neighbor who has a silky rooster (buff) I gave her my NN bantam. She gave me back 6 eggs we are hoping will be the product of the 2 birds. They are fertile but I doubt they are from my NN I gave her. If they are not show girls, she may get all the chicks back, I also gave her a blue cochin bantam hen, the eggs may be from that hen. so if the end up blue, I may keep some of the chicks. We will see, don't want to count them before they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom