1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NPIP providence, ri ??? RHODE ISLAND NPIP

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by xyresicchick, Sep 20, 2010.

1. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    any info on the NPIP for RI -(providence in specific -now that keeping chickens is *LEGAL*) would be great. I want my birds tested after I hatch out my next batch of peepers!

thanks!

-April

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    it's been a few days... and this post has now been buried under a million other threads. still wondering though!

3. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    So its now LEGAL in Providence? Awesome!!!! Now can start of East Providence! Woo hoo! I think if you are looking for any NPIP, I'd check with someone in South County where its been legal forever and they have lots more experience with this.

4. thatradslang

thatradslang New Egg

Nov 7, 2010
    Quote:So you can or cannot raise chickens in East Providence?

5. forstadt

forstadt Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    Providence, Rhode Island
    I do not believe it is yet legal to keep chickens in East Providence, though I am unaware of the exact ordinance that prohibits chicken-rasing in that city. There were some other BYC members that were going to look into the situation.

6. forstadt

forstadt Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    Providence, Rhode Island
    I would contact the official NPIP officer for the state:

Dr. Scott Marshall, State Veterinarian,,Rhode Island Department of Agriculture, 235 Promenade Street,
    Providence 02908-5767. Phone: (401)222-2781 ext. 4503, FAX: (401)222-6047.

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    In most areas, the chicks have to be at least 4 months old to have them tested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by