February's end marks my renewal time in the NPIP program. I'm not sure if I should renew or not and would like to hear some oopinions from those of you who HAVE been in the NPIP program or ARE in the NPIP program and have made this decision. I have wanted to get a few new birds, but I can't because the only NPIP sources I'm finding are hatcheries. I gave away my 2 turkey hens to get eggs from a gal who was going to get into the program but she hasn't. I found 3 perfect hens to add to my flock but again.. NO NPIP status. I DID it originally to make it easier to ship eggs across state lines, as well as to make it easier when my daughter shows so we don't have to do the P/T test onsite, just show our card. I also did it because I feel like it's a sales point, as there are so few of us apparently with any stock to sell. I think I am going to get the 3 hens anyway... keep them separated and IF I decide to renew, I'll just have my guy out asap to test them & everyone else. Other birds from this farm have been tested in the past by way of their new owners and passed just fine, but the actual farm does not do the testing so there is no guarantee.