NPIP test saturday! Excited and scared!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Kedreeva, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    So our NPIP testers FINALLY got back to us!!!! They got the antigen in and are ready to come test our flock on saturday! I'm not sure whether to be super geeked because we'll be certified or worried because we love all our nuggetheads and it'd suck to find any of them have to be culled. It's not any better if they're in the flock though. Fingers crossed that since most of our birds came from NPIP sources, we'll be clean!

Anyone else getting ready for this or do this recently? We have some pretty small birds... how young can they test them? The peachicks are going to HATE ME D:

2. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Only the sexually mature birds will be tested.

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Is there a reason for that? These people don't seem to know that much. Is the test not viable before then or something?

4. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    4 months and older
    I had mine tested last month..I bought most of my birds from NPIP breeders but was still worried..After 3 to 4 day no news is good news.. I am still waiting for the paperwork [​IMG]
    Good luck hope no one calls ya [​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Birds 4 months and older will be tested. Ive heard that chicks/younger birds can give false-positives. You will know right away if you are clean or not. If the blood mixed with the antigen clumps like cottage cheese, the bird is positive. Dont worry though. Im sure you'll be fine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by