npip

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by dickies chics, Dec 1, 2009.

1. dickies chics

dickies chics Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    Baldwinville MA
    can anyone help me. I am looking for info on npip testing. Do I need it and if so where do I get it done and how much does it cost?

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Are you planning on selling chickens? If so, you should get it. If not, it really isn't necessary.

3. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i thought in MA it is considered a requirement in order to sell chicks or birds. i know it is for swaps since we've been trying to set them up down there but it has been hard to do.

you would have to go through your state vet at the department of agriculture.

i have yet to do it here in NH, but i am still starting my flock and hoping to do it next spring.

4. dickies chics

dickies chics Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    Baldwinville MA
    I am thinking of selling. I was hoping to sell some new seramas I purchased today at a swap this coming weekend.
    Quote:

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:
    Then it might be a good idea. No need to give someone else's flock a nasty disease!

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:You need to get in touch with your State Agriculture Dept. They will refer you to your State Vet. and set up an appointment with their testers. Some states it's free, some charge a small fee to have this done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by