NSW Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stripedsocks, Oct 26, 2014.

1. stripedsocks

stripedsocks New Egg

Oct 26, 2014
    Hi everyone. Great site. Been lurking a little while, finally decided to make an account.

I am the sort of person that spends a long, long time researching a breed before I do anything. So right now I'm still in info-gathering stage. I'm about to go make another thread with a newbie question in it, but I thought I should say hi here first.

I love gardening, learning, and asking irritating questions! :)

I am from the US originally and my folks are back there, but just got my Australian citizenship (...four years in Oz later...) and will be staying out here.

Ideally one day I'll have some kind of organic hobby farmlet, and grow our own fruit, veggies, and eggs, but that's far from my reality right now! I haven't got one chicken yet.

My husband thinks I'm a bit nutty, but figures at least chickens lay eggs "making them more useful than your cat." He absolutely doesn't want to hear another word about the varying breeds of chicken though, so I have to annoy all of you instead.

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    :welcome! We all love to chat chicken here, so I doubt you'll be able to annoy us! If there are certain breeds in particular you want to discuss, head over to the breeds forum and find their thread. The people there love to talk about their breeds!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] chicken talk doesn't annoy us in the least. We have a large aussie community on Backyard chickens, and the thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." that can provide you with information for your area, who sells what, best feed stores, breeds that handle the climate best, coops etc.

We are here if you have questions or concerns. Your husband sounds like the men in my family which is a major reason I spend so many hours on this site every day.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You have come to the right place to talk chicken! Lots of us have to come here to talk poultry. Our significant others tire of hearing our constant chatting about chicken this and chicken that. Ha! So feel free to yammer on as long as necessary. We are all listening!!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

8. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

10. WalleyWaller

WalleyWaller Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2013
    Aiken, SC
    Hello from South Carolina! [​IMG] We are happy you joined us! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by