1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nubian doe and her pregnancy

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Freyadog, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Freyadog

Freyadog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2008
    Have a Nubian who is with babe. She is not due until the last of February. She is having a discharge.(her regular heat cycle time is upon us) This morning she had a sticky tail. Is this a prolog to a miscarriage.

2. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    not neccessarily! Just watch it some ddowhat I call oose a few months before birthing.

3. Freyadog

Jun 16, 2008
    thank you thank you thank you...I was so worried about her and the babe. thanks loads./

4. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Yep, they do that! My ND did that last month and now I can visually tell that she is pregnant. Which means we shall have kids soon!

5. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    She should be fine..I would watch her also and only when you see blood then I think its over. Mine have done this up to when they kid. Some dont. Just keep a watch and make sure she is comfortable and eating lots of alfalfa pellets or hay.

6. Freyadog

Jun 16, 2008
    Such wonderful information. Arwen is like a member of the family and this will be our first season with a pregnant doe. So we were pretty worried over her. She is eating great.

thanks again
    Barbara
    Floyd, Va.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by