*nudge*Come on, go. It's just a freeway.*tilts cage* Get out. Get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRoey

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Hey everyone. Our animal population is starting to grow to an uncontrollable amount. As much as I hate to say it, the button quails must go. Although they were fun, there was no purpose to have them. The whole family wants another peacock, the chick will allow me to hold it, but the button quails are just...there. Please don't try to talk me out of it. The whole family wants to get rid of the buttons. So, where can I release them? I live in LA, but we can't go to the valley. Maybe we can just release them in a park or something? Also, no, I am not going to give them away if you live nearby.

idunno.gif
Ummm, are you kidding? It's wrong to release domesticated animals to try and fend for themselves, whether it's in a park or the woods. Either they'll be easy prey for someone, become road kill, fail to find sufficient food & shelter, or just as bad, find conditions so favorable they will become invasive. According to your signature you have 3 button quail. Surely you could find someone to sell or give them to.

Ok so you have quail you don't want and for whatever reason you wont give them to a good home. So why bother posting about it then? I presume like here it is illegal to just release them into parks etc. So I don't quite get your post.
pop.gif
If you are looking for someone to say yeah go release them in the park. I think you have come to the wrong place.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you Sunny Side Up. You are stating what I want to say so much better than I am.....

Are you kidding me??!! Do you realize that button quail are not native around here and will just die???!!! Find a proper home for them. It is selfish to just throw them outside because you want a peafowl...and if that's the case, you shouldn't own animals to being with. This is why button quail are on the verge of extinction.

So when does the OP get back online and respond with, "...April Fools! I would never treat animals in such a manner, I was only kidding guys! Eh, eh?"

Truly, if you are so limited on space or feed that you want to 'turn loose' 3 button quail, I don't think you should keep any animals at all. 3 buttons take up about 2 sq. ft. of space and probably eat a whole 10# of food in a year. Buttons are not 'holding' type of animals, they are much too skittish for that. Maybe you should research anything you decide to get before you get it??

Post on craigslist, I'm sure you can find someone to take them since you're going to turn them loose anyway. You'd be better off breaking their necks and burying them, at least that way their deaths will be quick and relatively painless. Turning them loose they'll either get eaten by something or starve/freeze/dehydrate to death.

Some people make me
somad.gif

ETA: Hopefully the OP doesn't find the other animals that he/she is looking for, I'm sure the non-handleables in that siggy will meet a similar fate.

Last edited:
Geez, I just wanted to know and I suddenly get flamed. A simple, "You can't," would have been fine. And it's not just for the peafowl. The button quails make a huge mess and one of them is making way too much noise.

you could always post them on Craigslist to sell if you don't want to give them away

but if you were just going to release them I really don't see the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom