1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Nugget and her new baby!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WilsonAcres, Sep 16, 2011.

1. WilsonAcres

WilsonAcres Chirping

Jul 9, 2011
    Milton
    So we had our little hen go broody on us so we gave her a fertile egg to hatch just to see if she could...well...she's now a very proud momma to a baby duck! lol
    [​IMG] I love how they're staring at each other in this picture!![​IMG]

2. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Songster

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Aww so cute!! What do you use for bedding?

3. WilsonAcres

WilsonAcres Chirping

Jul 9, 2011
    Milton
    Thanks! [​IMG] It's called "Eco Bedding" you can buy a huge bag of it at petsmart..it's completely biodegradable and dust free and comes in baby blue or hot pink [​IMG] I like it it's very easy to clean up

4. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Songster

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    What breed is Nugget? She's just gorgeous!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Songster

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:is it cheaper then woodshavings? I have the dust problem an my daughter has asthma so bad combination there! I use the Aspen bedding..

You might have just created a monster lol xD

6. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Songster

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    I just searched back through your posts and found out she is silkie/barred rock. Again I just love how pretty she is. I'll have to see if I can find me some similar girls :-D

7. WilsonAcres

WilsonAcres Chirping

Jul 9, 2011
    Milton
    SO sweet thank you! I think she's gorgeous! She acts like a diva then again she is our first and only chicken so she's a bit spoiled LOL here's a link to the bedding I use i'd say its a little bit more expensive than shavings but we don't use very much of it either having only the one chicken.
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3553919

8. Miyashi

Miyashi Songster

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    That is too cute!
    What a beautiful hen!
    Silkies really are amazing. (I know she's a cross...my cross goes broody more often than my pure girl though xD )
    [​IMG]

9. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Songster

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I would like to see more pix of your hen, I would love to have a silkie BR....

10. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Songster

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    I've got to say that this picture is one of the cutest pictures i have ever seen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by