Nugget and the Ameraucana Girls (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jul 19, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Nugget is 12 weeks old-she came from Jody's eggs. The blue and splash Ameraucanas, Nora and Snow, came from Cree lines. Lynn got the eggs from a friend and mailed them to me from California. Thought for ages one or both were cockerels for some reason, but at 13 weeks, I'm pretty sure they're young ladies. Snow gets two pics-I know the last is very blurry, but it shows her nice beard. I just think she's beautiful and sweet-looking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Snow is a very cool looking girl. She has very interesting eyes. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Gosh Cyn, So pretty. They are just beautiful and I love the colors. Are they as sweet as they look? What kinds are they exactly? Very beautiful, you should have some real beautys when it comes to baby chicks for them. Trudy

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh man, they're absolutely gorgeous Cyn! You're very lucky! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Trudy, the Buff one is a Buff Orpington, the only pullet I got from that hatch of that breed. Then Nora is a Blue Ameraucana and Snow is a splash Ameraucana. Nora is pretty skittish, but only because I haven't had the time to spend with her-they were part of a group of over 30 chicks. Snow is very sweet. She chatters the whole time I'm holding her in this tiny little girly voice.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  6. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I just think they are so beautiful, I love the color of them, so unique and very beautiful. I thought that was a sweet Buff in that picturee too. I do have a soft spot for those Buff girls. Trudy

7. KsTornado11

KsTornado11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Awww they're gorgeous!! [​IMG]

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oh my little Nugget is just precious! Those ladies are growing up to be gorgeous.

9. speckledhen

Nugget is coming into her own, but even when she looked like this little gold midget, she was one tough cookie! She backs down those big Welsummer girls every time.

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Very pretty [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by