1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nugget! Any guesses on the sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hannah11, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hannah11

Hannah11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    This is nugget, she(?) is my inside chick i also have 8 outside that i will post pick of if any one else want to have a go!
    I think she might be a pullet.... but i really have no experience with sexing chicks.
    Any guesses gladly received!

ps. she is 12 days old and a naughty little escape artist....[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    unimpressed chick, I interrupted her escape from the brooder.....

2. Hannah11

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    Also.... I do know nugget is a silly name but i didn't name her i let my 8 year old niece....

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    aint nuttin worng with her name, its cute

I got a silkie roo who was gave to me with the name stirfry (its still his name) What I find funny about it, is they had named him as a chick when they thought he was a she.

4. Hannah11

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    Haha oh no, Now I have to admit I used to have a roo named Benedict...... and i did name him....

5. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] ive got a chicken called scramble....

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

It is very early, but based on the tiny skinny legs, and no comb what-so-ever - I would feign a guess on girl ;)

7. aoxa

Also love the name nugget.

I have a chicken named McChicken, and one named McDouble. Also had one named McDonalds. We're going to have an entire flock with McDonalds' dishes :lau

Not a fan of McDonalds, but we thought it was clever. :p

8. Hannah11

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    Gawd! haha i never knew people who were as twisted as me....Im getting a piglet named sausage, maybe i should change it to sausage mcmuffin.... awesome chicken names guys!

9. RockerHen

RockerHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Chappells, SC
    I once found a LIVE CHICKEN at mcdonalds. In the middle of the city. it was in the parking lot running around, a chick no more than 3 weeks old. There wasn't even houses anywhere near the place, so I have no idea how it got there unless somebody dumped him. Of course I caught it and took it home [​IMG] He ended up being a little black and white speckled mixed rooster. We named him Mac [​IMG]

10. aoxa

Awesome story!! :D [​IMG] Our first girl named McDonalds [​IMG] McChicken [​IMG] McDouble :love

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by