1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nugget's son Cobalt and Cobalt's son,

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Dec 20, 2010.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They are struttin' for sure!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dang, you can sure see that Nugget influence! Handsome big guys you have there, Kate.

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, Coby is almost as tall as Nugget now but his body is heavier. Coby's son doesn't have a name yet, he has his grandpa's eyes that just stare through you. Tanker was not available for his picture lol.

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Any suggestions on a name for Cobalt's son?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He has such beautiful laced gold feathers. I'll have to think about a name. Thinking of what is made of gold, shades of gold, etc. I found this:

The near-Earth asteroid Eros is estimated to contain approximately 20bn tonnes of gold, and similar amounts of other metals.

Some of his feathers look sort of coppery, too, so maybe Copper? He's so handsome, he really is.​

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Eros might fit lol,, he does love the ladies! He has gold, red, copper, white, black, you name it, but red gold and silver and really prominent with the copper mixed in. I'll try and get a better picture of him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by