Nugget's son Cobalt has a girlfriend!!!! Except...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Jun 17, 2010.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Coby has the rottenest luck,, just like his daddy! Nugget's GF was Woo, a tiny little bantam turken,, Coby out did his daddy! His GF is a tiny, tiny, TINY!! Little Gambel's Quail! She was one I hatched this time last year,, she lives in the front yard with the chickens, runs for treats with them, and roosts in the tree with them. She'll run up to Coby and dance and then turn around and squat,, it's just too cute!
    [​IMG]
    In the tree,, a New Mexico Tree Quail!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    it could be worse... he could have fell in love with his sister and ended up on Jerry Springer... [​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    He could have been like his buddies too,, his Uncle's GF is that plastic Gatorade bottle...

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Here they are going to bed together tonight,, she kept moving out on the thinner limbs and they would bow under his weight,, so she'd get dumped off and he'd jump down with her,, then he would get back up and she would get back up,,, it happened a couple of times.
    [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Sweet! Them boys and their plastic bottles. I forbid plastic bottles to be loose around here...they must be bagged and disposed of. LOL

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have confused roosters I admit it,, I don't know if I wish Coby was involved with a bottle or his little quail,, I'll have a really hard time getting more Grand Nuggets out of him with either one!

PS,, I think both of his chicks are roosters!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LMAO true very true.

Ya know I was thinking about Nugget last week and I actually searched out the old skunk thread...re-read it chuckling the entire time. I admit...I miss Nugget and Woo stories.

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I miss him too, Coby looks a lot like him just blue lol,, and he's big too. His grandchick is tri-colored,, red, blue, and kind of brown, the other is blue.

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Awwwww you need to share pics in a "Children and Grandchildren of Nugget" thread...unless I missed it somehow. I would love to see his precious offspring.

Everyone who ever spoke to me about chickens heard about Nugget. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by