Nugget's son Cobalt has a girlfriend!!!! Except...

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Coby has the rottenest luck,, just like his daddy! Nugget's GF was Woo, a tiny little bantam turken,, Coby out did his daddy! His GF is a tiny, tiny, TINY!! Little Gambel's Quail! She was one I hatched this time last year,, she lives in the front yard with the chickens, runs for treats with them, and roosts in the tree with them. She'll run up to Coby and dance and then turn around and squat,, it's just too cute!
5415_coby_and_gf_quail.jpg

In the tree,, a New Mexico Tree Quail!
5415_0616002017.jpg

Last edited:
it could be worse... he could have fell in love with his sister and ended up on Jerry Springer...
gig.gif

Here they are going to bed together tonight,, she kept moving out on the thinner limbs and they would bow under his weight,, so she'd get dumped off and he'd jump down with her,, then he would get back up and she would get back up,,, it happened a couple of times.
5415_0617001948.jpg

Sweet! Them boys and their plastic bottles. I forbid plastic bottles to be loose around here...they must be bagged and disposed of. LOL

I have confused roosters I admit it,, I don't know if I wish Coby was involved with a bottle or his little quail,, I'll have a really hard time getting more Grand Nuggets out of him with either one!

PS,, I think both of his chicks are roosters!

Last edited:
LMAO true very true.

Ya know I was thinking about Nugget last week and I actually searched out the old skunk thread...re-read it chuckling the entire time. I admit...I miss Nugget and Woo stories.

Awwwww you need to share pics in a "Children and Grandchildren of Nugget" thread...unless I missed it somehow. I would love to see his precious offspring.

Everyone who ever spoke to me about chickens heard about Nugget.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom