Nuisance Coyotes

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Uncle Marc, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Uncle Marc

Uncle Marc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Poplar Grove Kentucky
    I live in a farming community. We are over-run with coyotes. A local trapper caught 100 coyotes on the 300 acres surrounding our farm in one season. It didn't make a dent.

Coyotes hunt mostly at night. They love to den up under old buildings. They leave telltale signs in fence rows where they cross under.

If you have a problem with coyotes, I would highly suggest that you consult a nuisance trapper for help, if you don't trap them yourself.

I'd be happy to help you with information about trapping methods if these varmints are causing you problems.

2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:they need to be trapped year round they need to be hammered in the spring that is when you can get the most done you need to remove aprox 80% for abt 5 -6 years to see a difference in fawn mortality

3. Uncle Marc

Uncle Marc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Poplar Grove Kentucky
    In Ky. it takes a special license to trap year round. Hunting year round is permitted though.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    not in Va they are a nuisance species as it should be ,I can trap or hunt yotes year round with just a trapping license . This is why when advice is given on a board like this one local laws should be checked before heeding said advice [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by