1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Num Num

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rubberducky33, Nov 9, 2015.

1. rubberducky33

rubberducky33 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2015
    Hello again everyone, thank you all for your kindness and advice but I am in need of some advice again. My ducklings are about 2 weeks old now and I've heard multiple things about changing to grower feed at 3 weeks but then on the labels for the foods its says to feed them the food until theyre 10 weeks. Just a little confused on what to do and I want to make sure that my precious little peas are well taken care of. Also, if anyone could give some recommendations for food that would be wonderful!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Depends on what you are feeding, I think.

Starter crumble is recommended by Storey's Guide for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Then slowly (by combining them) switch over to grower/maintenance.

However, there are some different formulations. Can you tell us what you are feeding now?

3. rubberducky33

rubberducky33 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2015
    Yes, currently I am feeding them Manna Pro Non medicated started crumbles

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I would start adding in a good grower/maintenance feed soon. Do you know what is available for you? I am not an expert on all the available feeds. But perhaps others can check in.

I have used Blue Seal organic, and Purina (way back, if I recall), and now use Countryside Organic with the occasional Mazuri Breeder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by