numlock GAAH

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick1043, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    from that pic it only has the top row of numbers above all the letters and not a number pad to the right of the numbers, so it shouldn't have a num lock.

3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    thats what i was thinking but the manual thingie said it did so maybe it doesnt but im confused!! lol

4. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    num lock is to use the number pad on normal keyboards and laptops that have them So i doubt it has one, there may be a sub model of yours that has one hence the general manual. What were you needing the Num lock for?

5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    haha i was seeing of it was possible to make symbols...maybe thats my question..lol making symbols with a laptop lol

6. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Oh like hearts and music notes? [​IMG] yea i can't make those on mine, only works on the PC.

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    ive heard if you hold down Fn, Alt, and whatever number number like 3 for a <3
    but its not working for me

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    yea It doesnt work, unless you have ity bity numbers on some of the letters on your keys.

http://alt-codes.org/laptop/

none of those work on my laptop but not sure bout urs as i dunno if u have the ity bity numbers on the letter keys

9. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Typically it is marked above the function keys. You will need to press the Fn key or similar to activate it.

The majority of laptops that I have seen have a number pad on the keys. Accountant types that are real good with them need them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by