Nun Pigeon woodburned portrait - "Nun Better!"

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mary Of Exeter, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    This is a Nun pigeon that I woodburned. 4.5 inches tall, 3 inches wide, 8th inch thick. This piece has been sprayed with an acrylic gloss for protection (after I took the picture. If you would like a picture of it with the gloss, let me know). Great for any Nun pigeon fancier's stocking this Christmas! Then they can show off how there's 'nun better' than their birds! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    beautiful work, do a capuchine and i'll buy it!

3. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I'd be happy to do one for you! [​IMG]

4. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    just tell me how much and where to send the cash, i have a paypal account, pm me [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Hi Becky, Can you post a price for special orders? I may have a couple of Racing Homers I want done.

6. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I'm fine with doing special/custom orders [​IMG] But the price will depend on the size of the wood. I just recently started making pieces like this, so I don't have any more precut ones on hand. We have a ton of wood around here, so hopefully I'll get some more cut out (probably more of these small ones, along with a few other sizes/shapes).
    Of course if you have a certain size in mind, I'm sure I could make it work [​IMG]

Since you mentioned racers/homers, I figured I'd post this in case you're interested in this kind.

[​IMG]

We can zip out these guys pretty quickly, as we already have a template made out for it. I can woodburn it to look like your birds. That particular piece, the second foot kept breaking off due to the grain of the wood, so I just left it off. But with two feet, it's about 8 inches tall and a little over 8 inches long from tail to breast. That one was for a woman who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Of course the ribbon isn't required, LOL. The grain irritated me because the lighter wood burned more easily. Thankfully we do have better stuff to work with now.

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

nice work!

8. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Thank you [​IMG]

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Becky, sent you a PM for an order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by