1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nurses I have a question

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Oct 12, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I know, I am full of issues lately!!!! Anyhooooo, Ken's cholesterol came back at 70. It was 72 when he left the hospital. What would cause it to bottom out like that???? He has been told to eat lean beef for the iron and cholesterol, but it isn't working.

We have NOT been able to figure this out: He had a heart attack and had high blood pressure and high cholesterol when he went in. They did no procedures and he came out with normal blood pressure and uber low cholesterol!!!!! No meds either. What the heck????

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    You should have his thyroid function tested, as it could be caused by hyperthyroidism. Also, have the doctors check some LFT's, or liver function tests, to rule out anything there. I do hope you can come to the bottom of it quickly, as you and DH Ken have already been through enough [​IMG] Hang in there Debi!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:THANK YOU for answering. I was wondering..... This whole thing is just odd.

4. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    No problem. I don't know much, but I am always glad to help where I can [​IMG]

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Deb,

I agree Hyperthyroid does some wild things to your body... that's what I'm going through right now. Good luck Deb, I hope they get it figured out soon! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by