NURSING CATS.... ON OUR DOG!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by yodelhawk, Nov 16, 2008.

1. yodelhawk

yodelhawk Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    You guys are not going to believe this. Due to a mouse prob in our garage, we adopeted 2, 5 week old kittens. We have had them about 3 weeks now and our 5 year old Weimaraner (Schatzie) has tolerated them with a lot of of interest. She has always been the baby of the house. We were very careful, even tho she was never aggressive toward them, but she is still a hunting breed. Last night Mrs Yodelhawk came down with a bad headache and laid down on the bed. Schatzie snuggled up to her and the to of them dozed for a while. The kittens tore up the house for a while and when it appeard that they were pooped out, I put them on the bed to (just for giggles) Next thing my wife hears a sucking nois an low and behold, the kittens had "latched on" the our dog!!! At first she acted a little confused but then went back to sleep. We have never heard the kittens purr so loudly. They stayed on her for abour 30 min and we did get a pic. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Sheesh

My dogs barely tolerate my kittens. I can't imagine something like that. But have heard of it before.

3. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    I can't access the pic. Is the dog lactating, or were the kittens just comfort nursing?

Whichever it is, that is really sweet!

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    thats cute!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  5. yodelhawk

yodelhawk Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    Dog was not lactating and sorry, it took me a while to figure out how to post the pic.

6. HSmamma

HSmamma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    when we got our female kitten at 8 weeks she would nurse alot...on our male cat. Both would purr really loudly. I guess comfort to both of them. You never know who will love you!
    hsmamma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by