Nurture Right 360 turns only one direction

Coop-de-doop

Songster
Mar 14, 2023
I have eggs set in my new Nurture Right 360 incubator, and it seems to only be turning one direction. Anyone else have this happen? Is it normal?

Hey hey! Congrats on the new machine! Now you are cooking with gas!

Yes, it should only turn counterclockwise I believe. One direction.

What are we hatching this time?
French black copper marans, moss eggers, and then I wanted to see what my English Orpington covered by my marans would look like. Her eggs are pink with white spots. I’d be curious to see what color her babies lay.
I put the Govee Hygrometer in last night. The nurture right 360 seemed pretty accurate, but it dropped to 99.3 quite a bit. I turned it up to 100.5, and the hygrometer said 99.5. So I was happy with that. Then this morning, hygrometer says 100.5. Is it going to run too hot? Should I turn it back down?

French black copper marans, moss eggers, and then I wanted to see what my English Orpington covered by my marans would look like. Her eggs are pink with white spots. I’d be curious to see what color her babies lay.
I put the Govee Hygrometer in last night. The nurture right 360 seemed pretty accurate, but it dropped to 99.3 quite a bit. I turned it up to 100.5, and the hygrometer said 99.5. So I was happy with that. Then this morning, hygrometer says 100.5. Is it going to run too hot? Should I turn it back down?
I would turn it down a bit.

Was the meter in the same spot? The problem is going to be hot and cold spots in the incubator, varying probably .5 to 1 degree. Every incubator is going to have them. And fortunately it is going to be the same everytime in the incubator.

If you notice this, you can just adjust your temp until you see rhe Govee reading atleast 99 a majority of the time - WITH THE HIGHEST BEING 99.5 (that was me yelling 😉) if you see a single Egg position in the incubator reading 99.5 and the rest under, don't set your temps to accommodate that single spot. Get rhe majority if the machine in compliance, and be mindful of that spot.

It is always better to be slightly under. Temp is essentially what makes the chick grow. Too hot and you'll have big, malpositioned chicks. Obviously with you going over for a night, it isn't a big deal. But extended periods of time and that isn't good.

So if you are set on 99.5 and you have 1/2 at 99.5 and the other half on 98.5 (for instance) that is fine. I'd leave that. If you have a machine where 1/2 is 100.5 and the other half is 98.5 - id finish the hatch and return the machine (if possible). It is something that is obviously an investment, and expensive, and it should work properly!

I would turn it down a bit.

Was the meter in the same spot? The problem is going to be hot and cold spots in the incubator, varying probably .5 to 1 degree. Every incubator is going to have them. And fortunately it is going to be the same everytime in the incubator.

If you notice this, you can just adjust your temp until you see rhe Govee reading atleast 99 a majority of the time - WITH THE HIGHEST BEING 99.5 (that was me yelling 😉) if you see a single Egg position in the incubator reading 99.5 and the rest under, don't set your temps to accommodate that single spot. Get rhe majority if the machine in compliance, and be mindful of that spot.

It is always better to be slightly under. Temp is essentially what makes the chick grow. Too hot and you'll have big, malpositioned chicks. Obviously with you going over for a night, it isn't a big deal. But extended periods of time and that isn't good.

So if you are set on 99.5 and you have 1/2 at 99.5 and the other half on 98.5 (for instance) that is fine. I'd leave that. If you have a machine where 1/2 is 100.5 and the other half is 98.5 - id finish the hatch and return the machine (if possible). It is something that is obviously an investment, and expensive, and it should work properly!
It’s kind of confusing. Says the average temp is 99.3. I have the incubator set at 100.5 because it was so low last night. Still think o should turn it down?

Attachments

• IMG_3662.jpeg
    IMG_3662.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 6
It’s kind of confusing. Says the average temp is 99.3. I have the incubator set at 100.5 because it was so low last night. Still think o should turn it down?
No I'd let it go for another 48 hours or so and check the data then. You are totally okay as long as you don't go an exorbitant amount of time without it doing something really crazy.

The Govee is really cool isn't it? I love the data collection. If your a geek like me, you'll be able to attribute certain things to hatch rates.

No I'd let it go for another 48 hours or so and check the data then. You are totally okay as long as you don't go an exorbitant amount of time without it doing something really crazy.

The Govee is really cool isn't it? I love the data collection. If your a geek like me, you'll be able to attribute certain things to hatch rates.
It is a lot of fun! When I first opened it, I thought it was broken because it was reading our house temp too high. I think it’s good now though. I poked my meat thermometer through the opening in the incubator, and it’s reading kind of high. Eeeek it’s such a nightmare lol! I don’t want the same thing to happen this time as last time. I turned it down to 100, and the Govee says it’s 99.5, so I’m going to leave it there for 48 hours and check back

It is a lot of fun! When I first opened it, I thought it was broken because it was reading our house temp too high. I think it’s good now though. I poked my meat thermometer through the opening in the incubator, and it’s reading kind of high. Eeeek it’s such a nightmare lol! I don’t want the same thing to happen this time as last time. I turned it down to 100, and the Govee says it’s 99.5, so I’m going to leave it there for 48 hours and check back
I 100% trust the Govee over anything else.

When you think of a broody hen hatching, you know that it isn't going to be continuously holding the climate standards that we are shooting for. There will be periods of fluctuation. So as long as you are in the ball park, you are set.

I'll be starting a celadon quail hatch this afternoon. A bucket list breed for me so I am jacked.

I 100% trust the Govee over anything else.

When you think of a broody hen hatching, you know that it isn't going to be continuously holding the climate standards that we are shooting for. There will be periods of fluctuation. So as long as you are in the ball park, you are set.

I'll be starting a celadon quail hatch this afternoon. A bucket list breed for me so I am jacked.
Okay awesome! I was worried since it didn’t match my house temp at first, I thought maybe it was a faulty one.
That’s awesome about your quail! I’d like to do pheasants next spring, but this incubator only turns chicken eggs. Pheasant eggs would be too small

Back
Top Bottom