Nutrena feed-nature or organic?

yook2000

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
New Haven County
I went to my local store to see if they had some organic chicken feed today. Unfortunatelly, they don't. While the lady told me they had Nutrena products which was made from natural things. Actually I am very confused with nutural and organic. Any difference between these two? How is the nutrena feed? Blue seal is the only brand I have used, but their organic feed is too expensive.

Natural and organic are two different things but can get confused if you are not aware of the difference. Organic is grown with out the use of synthetic/chemical fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides. Simply speaking, for the most part the soil is fed as a living thing and the plants grow from the nutrition the microbes, worms and other living things in the soil change into nitrogen and other nutrients from organic matter. "Natural," just means it grows. The plants can have all the chemical sprays and fertilizers put on them and it still can be called natural.

We chose organic because we did not want the chemicals in the feed. Pretty much as simple as that. some will say that natural is safe, and I won't argue. I just feel better knowing certified organic does not have anything synthetic used in controlling weeds, pests or growth.

Very well explained!!!!!!!!!
frow.gif

One other point to be made. You can ask 10 different people what they feed their chickens and get 10 different answers. I think it is a matter of personal choice, and all factors from economic to nutritional are made within your own personal comfort zone. Feed them what you think is best, and see how they do. If they are healthy, then keep right on doing what you are doing.

Quote:
You are absolutely right about there being no GMOs in organic feed. I forgot about that.

Also correct about the word "natural" being a marketing ploy. Even petroleum out of the ground is natural, so is uranium and arsenic. Not that there are no organic plants that are bad to ingest. Poison Ivy comes to mind, but I don't think it will be found in organic feeds.

Back
Top Bottom