nuts...???

Unsalted.

Depends on the type (look up basic nutrition for half cup of the type you want). Factor in the protein and fats.

Earlier this year, like January or so, I gathered up 2 5gallon buckets full of pecans from the backyard of an abandoned house in my neighborhood. I'd sir outside with a wooden mallet cracking the pecans on the patio. The chickens learned real quick that when I sat down with the mallet & the bucket, the pecans were on the way. The only problem I had was not hitting a chicken head while I was trying to crack the pecans with the mallet!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
My 6 girls have figured out when I grab the spading fork I'm going to mess with the compost pile. I have to watch out or I'll end up with chicken shishkabob
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
My 6 girls have figured out when I grab the spading fork I'm going to mess with the compost pile. I have to watch out or I'll end up with chicken shishkabob
sickbyc.gif

And who said chickens were dumb!!

Quote:
I have heard of chick peas never chicken nuts. Will you be serving beer with those nuts? I would think you can considering they are foragers. Tree nuts are probably fine.

Back
Top Bottom