NVQ irritation

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaSB12, Jul 19, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Just to explain what an nvq is
    National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are work based awards in England, Wales and Northern Ireland that are achieved through assessment and training. In Scotland they are known as Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ).

To achieve an NVQ, candidates must prove that they have the ability (competence) to carry out their job to the required standard. NVQs are based on National Occupational Standards that describe the 'competencies' expected in any given job role. Typically, candidates will work towards an NVQ that reflects their role in a paid or voluntary position. For example someone working in an admin office role may take an NVQ in Business and Administration.

There are five levels of NVQ ranging from Level 1, which focuses on basic work activities, to Level 5 for senior management.

I have been doing a supposidly 9 month level 2 nvq in business improvement techniques. We got 6 months. We had to take on three projects to improve the factory so we did
    project 1 was reducing waste on one of the lines (estimated saving £1.2 million per year, its a weetabix line)
    project 2 was reducing waste and chance of cross contamination on a line making a flake cereal (estimated saving about £47000) per year
    project 3 was reorganising how materials are stored
    We also had to give them a copy of a nvq we took over 2 years ago, I ended up literally turnining my bedroom upside down to find it.
    We have been told so many different things over the projects from we just need to pass them on to management to they have to be implemented. Then we are told the idea was that all the groups projects (4 different shifts with 4 different project groups) had to save £1million (our first project does that) I am so fed up of it I could scream we all (all the groups) feel like we are [​IMG]. Cross your fingers that this nightmare is over today!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I won't pretend to understand that but [​IMG] anyway [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Good luck. Sounds like all 3 projects are worthy.
    All I can say is I love weetabix.

Imp

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Yeah, I'm afraid I went "Ooooh! Weetabix!", and lost focus on the rest of the post.

Good luck! Hope it all works out for you!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by