NW California

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ZuckermansFamousPig, Aug 12, 2007.

1. ZuckermansFamousPig

ZuckermansFamousPig Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2007
    SW Idaho
    I'm in Northern Humboldt Co. We're kinda isolated up here. A lot of Oregon is closer and easier to get to than most of CA.
    Any more chicken keepers around here?

2. ZuckermansFamousPig

Apr 13, 2007
    SW Idaho
    I guess that clears that up:/ . At least Australia's got two!

3. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I'm sure someone in your area will pop in.

I'm in CA, but I'm down a few hours from you in the Stockton-Modesto area.

Beautiful area you live in up there! [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm in the Bay Area... which I call Northern California. You should see the debate on another thread regarding where the north / central / south dividing lines are.

5. ZuckermansFamousPig

Apr 13, 2007
    SW Idaho
    when I lived in Sacramento it was generally referred to as "Northern Ca" to distinguish it from LA I guess. I should just have said I live about 70 miles south of the OR border. I went to high school in Oakland and grew up in Sacto, my family lives there for the most part. None of them keep chickens to my knowledge, -sad, very sad. [​IMG]
    One thing about my cool summers here in Humboldt is I can use my old tomato greenhouse as a passively heated chickencoop without it overheating, although global warming may change that soon...
    Still looking forward to more replies...

-Black silkie, 2 Golden Sebright bantams, 1 -? buff colored millefleur bantam, =4 banty hens.

6. EurekaSouth

EurekaSouth Out Of The Brooder

I'm from Humboldt Co and I miss it very much! I'd love to hear if you're in the Eureka/Arcata area or whereabouts...

7. Chicki_Pooh

Chicki_Pooh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2007
    McKinleyville, CA
    I'm in Humboldt! I'm born & raised here, and have lived in almost every town in Northern Humboldt. Glad to see someone else here from Humboldt County as well! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  8. homunculus

homunculus Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2007
    Hey, I'm in Delnorte, in Hiouchi! I am so glad to find someone so nearby. Usually when people say Northern California they don't really mean it. You can't get much more northern than this.

9. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i live in Tarzana, California - in Los Angeles County. i grew up in Sacramento. When i moved to West Sacramento in Yolo county 20 years ago i got my first chickens. Went to the feed store for cat food and came home with two RIR hens and a White Crested Black Polish Rooster that layed an egg after 8 months. After moving from there i never thought i would have chickens again until i checked the zoning here to find i could have them. Now happily raising two ameraucana hens, 13 silkie chicks, and 3 frizzle x with polish, silkie and mille fleur babies (very curious as to how they will look when grown).

Humboldt County is loverly. Would not mind retiring there.

10. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    I grew up in humbolt co. My family still lives there. miss it sooo much. My bil is that tree guy. I spent 1/2 my childhood there and the other half in hughson ca by modesto

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by