NW Georgia Chicken Lover here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MistySanchez, Dec 3, 2015.

1. MistySanchez

MistySanchez Just Hatched

Dec 3, 2015
    Georgia
    Hello fellow chicken lovers. I am from NW Georgia and currently have a small backyard flock to help sustain our family and our love for chicken and eggs. We enjoy caring for them as our pets and to watch their antics. We respect and love our birds and are appreciative of the sustenance they provide our family. Me, Daddy and our very own 3 chicks. I look forward to sharing and most importantly learning all that I can.

1 person likes this.
  2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Hello from Wisconsin and welcome to BYC. I've a small flock of 17 chickens which includes some young chicks. Mine are pets; silkies, seramas, and Japanese bantams. We do eat the eggs, but with just my wife and me, most of the eggs are fed back to the birds or hatched. We have many other pets too.

Check out the category boxes at the top of this page; lots of interesting information.

1 person likes this.
  3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It sure does sound like you are enjoying your flock :clap I find keeping chickens lots if fun and it's very rewarding too. Chicken TV is great and they can be so funny as you watch them go about their chicken business! What breed/s do you?

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. MistySanchez

MistySanchez Just Hatched

Dec 3, 2015
    Georgia
    Thanks for the welcome! With our 5 baby chicks & Roo our flock consists of 18 birds. Lots of breeds. For certain we have 2 white leghorn that I raised from feed store chicks, 4 that I assume are Easter Eggers, a newbie who was advertised as a game hen who came along with the 5 chicks afore mentioned and a host of others that were just welcomed in through some sort or another. We too have an excess of eggs but share with family and friends. Currently I get about 4 eggs a day and saved a few back over the last 4 days and started some incubating. So we are very excited about that! We have other animals as well which include an outside cat, a pair of bobwhite quail and a trio of bunnies. Our buck is a New Zealand Red and our 2 doe are a New Zealand Blue and fleshing. I truly enjoy the whole lot as does my little boy who is 18 months and loves to help tend our mini farm. Looking to add more quail in time and some goats one day. I look forward to all the helpful information!

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You have a nice assortment of chickens (and animals in general).

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  8. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. You may also want to post on your state thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by