1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NW Ohio- Looking for a nice black Silkie Roo

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Parkers*momma, May 13, 2011.

1. Parkers*momma

Parkers*momma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Recently, Ft knox was broken into and my daughter lost her Black Silkie roo that she had been conditioning as her 4-H project to the neighbor's late dog. Now she is on a scramble to secure a black roo for her black bearded silkie hen before the 4-H cut off date.

Our daughter is 10 years old and really wanting to show Ebony this year but without a roo, it isn't going to happen. She raised Ebony and Hugo from chicks hatched in 2010. So much work, time, and love from our daughter and she isn't planning on giving up as she loves silkies! Ft. Knox has been restored and re-inforced, the funeral for Hugo and the neighbor's dog has been preformed (tho there isn't any flowers on the dog's grave) and Ebony is looking for a new soul mate-tho she is broody at this time (when isn't a silkie broody)

So if you live within 2 hours of NW Ohio and have a Black bearded silkie roo that has 5 toes, a nice tophat, black skinned, and blue lobes...Please give us a shout out to see if we can find Ebany a new Husband....she's really lonely!! I can promise he will be well loved not only by Ebony but also will recieve lots of love from our daughter.

Thanks!!

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I will have to look in my pen when I get home but I have several blacks. Some are very nice. I am in southern ohio so you may not want to drive this far.

3. Candiss

Candiss Burdette Bantams

Jun 30, 2010
    Alabama
    what happened to your neighbors dog?

4. Parkers*momma

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Quote:Oh thank you...thank you...thank you!! Trust me, we are known for driving for my daughter's habit. Where is Ohio? 2 hours takes me just about anywhere in Ohio...Columbus, Cleveland, Cincy. If you have a black roo to spare, I've got a lil girl that would love some mom/me time on a road trip to get Ebony a hubby.

5. Parkers*momma

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Quote:Sadly, he bite the bullet but the memorial services were beautiful.

And before anyone gets upset with me, the neighbors knew of the problem as the dog roams all the time, chases everything from a frog to a bicycle to the school bus. He's killed cats, ducks, another neighbor's bunny, drags up dead coons and ground hogs, etc.. Hence, Ft Knox. Who would have thought that he would chew through a wooden coop door and a heavy guage metal cage just for the fun of it?

On the brighterside, he is free to roam all the pastures he wants now without the urge to kill every moving thing out there and Ft Knox has been restored.

6. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Sorry I got back to you so late, I got home later than expected. I will take some pics tomorrow afternoon and see if anything I have interests you. Now these boys are younger, ranging from 4-6months so they are not filled and fluffed out fully. I am in adams county about 2 hours south from downtown columbus.
    I have 2 dogs that are my neighbors that will meet the same fate as your neighbors dog and he has been warned. They have made off with 5 yesterday and 4 the last attack and 5 the first time. The first two times I was unsure it was his, but now I know better. There will not be a next time!

Last edited: May 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by