NW Oregon 24th Annual Goat Education Day! Come learn with us! For all types of livestock owners!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bellafirefarm, Feb 16, 2012.

1. bellafirefarm

bellafirefarm New Egg

Feb 16, 2012
    The NWODGA Goat Education Conference is a wonderful educational opportunity for goat lovers & livestock owners of all kinds! Whether you have meat goats, dairy goats, pack goats, or just want to learn more about goats & livestock...we invite you to come and spend the day with us! Topics for kids, for new goat owners, and topics for experienced goat people too!
    Learn about basic goat care, pasture management, kidding & kid rearing, goat nutrition, breeding & reproductive topics, Livestock Guarding dogs, goat soap, goat cheese, cooking with goat meat - there is something for EVERYONE! Even the kids will have a great time with our annual Goat-O-Rama class and a variety of classes designed with kids in mind! There will be fun raffles & prizes and goat related vendors onsite! We will also have DHI scale certification onsite...so bring your scale and get it certified for the year!
    For location specifics and more info go to http://nwodga.org
    The conference will be held at the Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, Oregon on February 25th, 2012. Classes start at 8:30am. Pre-register online or sign-up onsite at 8am! Pre-registration ensures that you get your own copy of our large information booklet, filled with notes from nearly all of the classes available that day!
    Cost for the entire day: $35 for Adults, $15 for children under 18 yrs.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG]Glad you joined us. Make sure you pop over to the Oregon thread (Where am I, where are you forum) and let them know about it too. Sounds very fun. I don't have goats but wish I did. I will be out of town that day, or else I'd try to go to it.

3. bellafirefarm

bellafirefarm New Egg

Feb 16, 2012
    Cool, I'll have to go check out the Oregon thread! Thanks so much!

4. BonneTerreChick

BonneTerreChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Wish I had known about this sooner. I do have goats and would love to come, unfortunately I am already booked for the day.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by